Spooky Spindly Spider Cookies with a nutty twist....
Get creative this Halloween and give the kids.... or adults a treat with a twist
Under 200kcals per cookie and filled with nutty goodness
- 57g butter
- 97 g deep roast peanut butter
- 37 g brown sugar
- 50 g sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 large egg
- 78 g Flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 24 Maltesers/ Gluten free alternative
- 68 g Chocolate chips
- 24 candy eyes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c
- Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Combine the flour and baking powder, then fold the mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into 12 even sized balls, press lightly down on the cookies and bake for 10 minutes at 180c. Remove the cookies and using the back of a spoon make a concave dip in the middle of each cookie. Return to the oven and bake for a further 6 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool, when nearly cool press the maltesers into the cookie. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle on the cookie to make the spider legs. Finally press using the left over chocoalte to glue the eyes to the Maltesers.
- Pop in the fridge to cool and enjoy